Bored of the usual? Let’s meet in Hamburg!
Hamburg is one of the few cities in the world that can be considered to have it all: abundant waterways and green spaces, striking architecture, excellent transport, plus a superior quality of life enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. The secret behind this rare mix of assets lies in Hamburg’s unique talent to fuse tradition with modernity and to combine commerce with the good things in life.
As a green metropolis, Hamburg provides the perfect setting for planning events in an eco-friendly way. More and more hotels and service providers train their staff in sustainability or acquire certification according to the international Green Globe environmental standard. Short distances between conference hotels, venues, points of interest and cultural hotspots, and the city’s excellent public infrastructure have a positive impact on the city’s ecological balance sheet as CO2 -intensive transfers are avoided.
• 347 hotels, 32,000 rooms
• 88+ special event venues
• culinary diversity: 2,800+ restaurants
The CCH – Congress Center Hamburg
Hamburg is open, and their state-of-the-art Congress Center (CCH) is ready to host events. At the CCH, you can choose between up to 50 individually arranged halls and utilize a total surface area of 36,000 square meters. The CCH can be arranged perfectly for any event, from highly regarded specialist conventions to product exhibits, or cultural performances in Hamburg’s largest concert hall.
• Total available exhibition space of 12,000 square meters, another 12,000 square
meters of foyer space, and 12,000 seats in up to 50 halls and rooms
• More than 8,000 hotel rooms across all categories are near the CCH
Wondering why Ottawa is such an attractive meeting destination?
1. Ottawa is known for its urban nature and walkable downtown. With over 6,000 hotel rooms within the heart of the city, visitors can often walk to conference venues, local hot spots, and national sites.
2. Ottawa literally puts conventions on a national and international stage. Canada’s capital provides ready access to national policymakers, the international diplomatic community, national associations, and subject matter experts from a wide variety of fields.
3. Unique among G7 capitals, Ottawa is equal parts urban and rural; a vibrant city on the edge of nature, offering boundless opportunities for adventure and recreation in the great outdoors.
4. Ottawa is a destination that is accessible, with an award-winning airport with direct connections to major U.S. hubs, plus London, and Frankfurt. The airport is a 15-minute drive to a compact and walkable downtown.
5. Anyone looking to explore beyond Ottawa’s vibrant downtown can utilize Ottawa’s exceptional public transportation system, offering easily accessible bus and light rail options. Standard taxi and Uber services are also available throughout the city.
Ottawa is home to Shaw Centre, the city’s premier, state-of-the-art convention venue located in the heart of downtown next to the Rideau Canal UNESCO World Heritage Site and within easy walking distance of over 6000 hotel rooms. The facility is directly linked to the 180-store CF Rideau Centre, and the 495-room Westin Ottawa. The new light rail transit system links hotels to the Shaw Centre and other meeting facilities and venues in the city.
Pristine outdoor spaces within the city and in the nearby countryside offer a wide variety of activities in all four seasons. The region is framed by beautiful waterways, including the Ottawa River, the Rideau River, and the Rideau Canal—a UNESCO World Heritage Site. From spring through fall, you can go boating or paddling; for an adrenaline rush; one of the world’s best whitewater rafting destinations is just over an hour from the city centre. Winter weather brings opportunities for snowshoeing and skiing (cross-country and downhill), as well as ice skating options ranging from trails in the forest to the world’s largest skating rink, the Rideau Canal Skateway.
Welcome to Denver, where 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and urban adventure combine to make it the world’s best meeting destination. A vibrant city at the base of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, Denver landed at number two on U.S. News & World Report’s 2020-21 list of the best places to live. And the reasons that make Denver a great place to reside are the same reasons why it’s a great place to meet.
Denver International Airport (DEN), one of Skytrax’s top worldwide airports in 2020, is getting even better. As of February 2020, DEN was servicing more than 1,600 daily flights, making it the 5th busiest in the nation and 20th busiest in the world. An extensive development project is currently underway that will add 39 new gates and other improvements.
Once here, the A Line train will whisk your attendees directly from DEN to Denver Union Station, which has been renovated into a hip transportation, dining, shopping, and entertainment hub. The station is within walking distance of chef-driven restaurants, breweries, museums, theaters, and more than 11,000 hotel rooms.
Recent hotel openings include the 382-room, 21-story dual-branded Home2 Suites and Tru Hotels by Hilton, the 233-room Hilton Garden Inn Union Station, and the 201-room Jacquard Hotel in the Cherry Creek neighborhood. A 263-room Hyatt Centric recently opened in 2021, as well as a 216-room Thompson Denver by Hyatt, and a 140-room ViB by Best Western Hotel & Resorts.
Denver is also rapidly growing to meet the needs of larger meetings and conventions. The Colorado Convention Center is set to undergo a major expansion, including the development of up to 80,000 square feet of new flexible meeting and ballroom space, plus the addition of expansive new pre-function and service space that will include an outdoor, rooftop terrace. Both the pre-function and outdoor event spaces will have spectacular, unobstructed views of the Rocky Mountains and city skyline, allowing event attendees to take advantage of Denver’s iconic panoramas. A new Clean & Safe Resource guide is available at visitdenver.com/conventions, as well as virtual site tour options.
Contact your GC Account Executive or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your next meeting or event!